Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mosquito Bite Gone Bad




On Sunday while Michael was in the garage helping me with the laundry a mosquito bit him on the eyelid. It didn't seem to bother him so I didn't give it much thought until he woke up on Monday morning with a swollen eye. Poor baby! As you can see from the picture it looked just awful. Fortunately it wasn't itching him. Still, it made me nervous so I called the pediatrician to see what they recommended I give him to help with the swelling. To my surprise they asked us to come in. So, off to Dr. we went yesterday. Turns out a kid came in the week before with a bite on the eye and it got infected. They just wanted to double check that Michael was okay which was fine with me. Better safe than sorry. He's on an antihistamine for the next few days and already today it looks much better. Stupid mosquitoes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment